Bryan K. Saxton - Partner
Bryan Saxton is a partner whose practice primarily involves commercial real estate acquisitions; dispositions; retail, office and industrial leasing; and business transactions. Bryan has experience representing clients ranging from large international organizations to real estate investment trusts to small businesses and individuals in real estate and other business and transactional matters.
Having worked in large and small law firms, Bryan provides his clients with an excellent level of service from a cost-efficient perspective.
Bryan is also active with local bar associations, including the Maryland State Bar Association, as a member of its Real Property, Planning & Zoning Section Council and previously of the Young Lawyers Section Council where he served as co-chair of the Maryland Wills for Heroes program and co-chair of the Publications Committee. Bryan is also engaged in the Baltimore community with the United Way of Central Maryland, including as a member of the Baltimore County Partnership Board and the Leaders United Executive Council, and was previously a member of the Emerging Leaders United Executive Council where he served as Chair of the Professional Development Committee, an Emerging Leaders United Ambassador, and the Emerging Leaders United Baltimore County Ambassador Circle where he served as Chair. Bryan is also a previous member of The Family Tree’s Next Generation Network Committee.
- Drafted a broad range of commercial contracts, including vendor, construction management, property management, service, brokerage, and tower license agreements.
- Led complex real estate transactions from onset to closing, including contract negotiations and coordination of extensive due diligence and title review.
- Represented industrial REIT in $3 billion sale of property and joint venture transaction.
- Ran $450 million transaction involving more than 30 buildings in multiple states. Led due diligence, title, survey, and zoning review; drafted closing documents, liaised with title company, seller, and local counsel on tax abatements.
- Drafted and reviewed documents related to tax abatements, PILOT programs, and municipal utility districts.
- Negotiated and drafted industrial, office, and retail leases and amendments on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Served as primary legal point of contact for leasing matters in several client buildings across the United States, including large office buildings in several major cities.
- Represented national retailer on disposition of assets and locations across the country.
- Assisted large traded company with complex and comprehensive sale of operations in three states.
- Advise owners and business leaders on matters from start up to dissolution.
- Serve as outside general counsel to several companies on ongoing business matters affecting their operations.
- Help clients navigate exit issues from their business including succession planning and dealing with unforeseen exit complications.
- University of Maryland School Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D.)
- Miami University, Ohio (M.S.)
- Georgia Southern University, (B.B.A., cum laude)
- Maryland, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2010