Criminal Defense and Investigations
Visit our RMG Criminal Defense and Investigations microsite by clicking here!
The Criminal Defense and Investigations Practice Group at Rosenberg Martin Greenberg is well known for the depth of its governmental experience, which provides a significant strategic advantage in the matters we handle for our clients. Our attorneys include former federal and state prosecutors who have practiced in the following offices:
- United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland
- Office of the Attorney General for the State of Maryland
- State’s Attorney’s Office for Montgomery County, Maryland
- State’s Attorney’s Office for Baltimore City
- United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of North Carolina
- Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office, New Jersey
- Unites States Department of Justice, Criminal Division
Our Practice Group is chaired by leading practitioners of the bar and supported by a roster of experienced and effective attorneys with significant experience handling criminal investigations in both the public and private sectors.
- Chair Jerry Martin is a leader of Maryland’s trial bar and a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Vice-Chair Steven Levin is a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Reserve, where he served as a military judge on the Army Court of Criminal Appeals. He also was a supervisor at the US Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland.
Rosenberg Martin Greenberg attorneys believe in aggressive advocacy in all matters.
We understand our clients’ needs and pride ourselves on our approach, which is cost-effective, creative, and designed to meet those needs efficiently. We use cutting-edge technology and rely on a wealth of trial and litigation experience to make sure our clients' rights are protected and their goals achieved.
We put our skills to work representing:
- Clients who are targets, subjects, or witnesses in state and federal criminal investigations
- Clients who are facing criminal charges
- Clients who are responding to governmental investigations or require internal investigations in sensitive matters
- Whistleblowers in qui tam and False Claims Act litigation
- Clients facing allegations of criminal tax fraud
- Clients looking to appeal
Our attorneys regularly appear before the federal bench in United States Circuit and District Courts in our geographic area and beyond. We are well known and held in high regard in those courts.
Whatever the litigation matter, we bring decades of experience to bear to achieve the most favorable results possible for our clients.