April 14, 2020
- Anne Arundel County has joined Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties in requiring workers and shoppers to wear a face mask in retail stores that remain open as essential businesses beginning Wednesday. In addition, the new order requires the following:
- Limit customer capacity to 50% of normal capacity
- Maintain 6 feet between customers in checkout lines
- Make aisles one-way wherever possible
- Clearly mark social-distancing restrictions, including 6-foot separations and one-way requirements, on the floor
- Provide access to sanitary restrooms and soap and or hand sanitizer for customers and workers
- Discontinue all self-service food counters
- The installation of a physical barrier or shield (e.g., clear Plexiglass or heavy plastic sheeting) between cashiers and customers is highly encouraged
Violations are subject to a maximum $500 fine.
March 26, 2020
- AA County has developed a new plan submittal process for AA County Department of Inspections and Permits and Office of Planning and Zoning during the COVID-19 pandemic. The county has placed an orange drop box outside of the County Office Building (4664 Riva Road) for drop-offs between 8am and 3:45pm during the weekdays. Payments can be made by check in the yellow mailbox across from the orange dropbox. The official notice includes a photograph of the drop off location. These drop-offs are in addition to the USPS delivery method that is being allowed during the closure.
March 19, 2020
- Click here to read the latest Memo from the Board of License Commissioners for Anne Arundel County re: the Governor’s State of Emergency.
March 18, 2020
- Anne Arundel County DILP (Department of Inspections, Licenses and Permits) updates its COVID-19 plan. DILP engineers begin working remotely, effective today.
- The Permit Center will temporarily suspend accepting drop-off permit, licensing and development applications. Mechanical, electrical and plumbing permit applications and trade license renewals may be submitted online. Permit applications will also be accepted by mail. Staff will continue processing applications as they are received.
- All inspections requiring entry into an occupied home or structure are temporarily suspended. Examples of these types of inspections include service changes, replacement water heaters, replacement HVAC units, and kitchen remodels.
- If the permitted construction is not a part of an occupied structure or isolated from an occupied portion, the inspection will be performed. Examples of these types of inspections include decks, sunroom additions, porches, and garages.
- Inspections for occupied child and adult day care facilities, healthcare/medical provider facilities, hospitals, group homes, assisted living facilities, Detention Centers, and nursing homes are suspended. An inspection will be performed if it can be conducted without entry into occupied portions of the structure.
- Final inspections receiving a Certificate of Occupancy will be sent via email when requested. Please send requests to email@example.com.
- Inspection arrival times cannot be guaranteed but will be performed on the day requested.
- All residential Stormwater Management Maintenance inspections are suspended until further notice.
- All permitted parades, marathons, fun runs/walks and biking events are canceled through March 31, 2020.
- Semi-annual cab inspections scheduled for April will be postponed until July.
- Walk-in Public Information Requests will not be accepted until further notice.
March 16, 2020
- In an effort to address the impending threat and impact of the virus known as COVID-19 County Executive Stuart Pittman signed Executive Order No. 17 on March 16, 2020. Executive Order No. 17 imposes a variety of measures.
- Any legal or procedural deadline, due date, time of default, expiration, period of time, or other time of an act or event described within the County Charter is suspended until the 30th day after the state of emergency in Anne Arundel County expires.
- All upcoming community meetings being held on county property are cancelled and will be rescheduled.