Building Black-Owned Business in Baltimore Frequently Asked Questions
In order to qualify for the RMG Building Black-Owned Business in Baltimore Program (the “BBOB Program”), your business must be:
- At least fifty-percent (50%) Black-owned; and
- Located in the Baltimore Metro area.
The following businesses will be given preference (although all businesses meeting the criteria outlined above are encouraged to apply):
- Baltimore City-based businesses;
- Established businesses with defined legal needs; and
- Businesses qualifying for free legal services based on an overall assessment of their financial health.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- This application is designed to assist us in determining whether your business is a natural fit for the suite of services we offer here at RMG and whether we are a match for your business needs. This assessment will be based in part on the services that we have offered to other BBOBB clients in the past. If you do not have current financial statements available, please feel free to utilize the open-ended questions in this application to tell us more about the financial health of your business. The more information we have, the better. If any particular question is not applicable, please place “N/A” in the appropriate context.
- If your application is selected as one of the finalists for the BBOB Program, we will contact you to schedule a follow-up interview. Interviews may be conducted virtually.
- Please return a copy of the completed application with any ancillary documents included via email to BBOBB@rosenbergmartin.com no later than July 31, 2022.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS YET?
We ask that you use this application as a guide and fill out the questions and provide all the requested information to the best of your ability. This will help us to understand your business, your specific legal business needs, and how entry into the BBOBB Program can provide the most value for you. We look forward to hearing from you!
WILL MY COMPANY’S FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND OTHER CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL?
RMG will review your financial statements and other documentation for purposes of selecting businesses to participate in the BBOBB Program. Your responses and the documents you submit will remain confidential. Note that RMG personnel may further review such materials in providing legal services to BBOBB Program participants.