Lorenzo A. Bivans, Jr. - Senior Counsel
Lorenzo joined Rosenberg Martin Greenberg’s Tax and Wealth Planning group, focusing particularly on the structural and other tax aspects of business transactions, including equity and asset sales and acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as the formation and restructuring of business entities. Lorenzo advises and focuses on compensation, real estate, and debt vs. equity issues, as well as renewable energy, opportunity zone, and other tax credits and benefits. Lorenzo’s practice encompasses many aspects of federal and state tax law.
Prior to joining Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, Lorenzo practiced at a major law firm and two large corporations. Lorenzo leverages his vast experience to advise entrepreneurs, large, small, and mid-sized businesses, using various business structures.
- Advised client regarding application of IRS’s new centralized partnership audit rules and the requirements to elect out of the rules
- Advised client regarding potential to qualify for opportunity zone incentive
- Advised client regarding possible termination of S corporation status
- Rutgers School of Law (1996)
- Princeton University (1991)