R. Kelvin Antill - Partner
Kelvin joined Rosenberg Martin Greenberg's Real Estate group in 2019. Kelvin has more than thirty-five years of commercial real estate experience, both as a lawyer and on the development side. As a lawyer, he has been in private practice and in-house, the latter serving, among other roles, as General Counsel of both a public Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and a private development company. In addition to being a key member of the senior management teams, advising and assisting a Board of Directors, and counseling and providing strategic and legal advice to the executive team, Kelvin also worked closely with and assisted the development teams in acquiring, entitling, developing, obtaining municipal and state financial assistance for, and constructing large retail shopping centers around the country.
As General Counsel, Kelvin was extensively involved in the sale and “taking private” of the REIT, while dealing with four levels of equity holders, and the subsequent sale of the private company to the largest owner of shopping centers in the country.
More recently, Kelvin also has moved to the business and development side where he was responsible for site acquisition, appearing before and negotiating with local and state officials, and obtaining the right to build 400,000 plus square foot projects around the country.
Since his time back in private practice with RMG, Kelvin has been involved with many commercial development and real estate transactions, including:
- Representing a privately held self-storage company in the $1.7 billion sale of the assets to a public REIT
- Representing land banking providers of off-balance sheet acquisition and development capital to national home builders throughout the country
- Representing an affordable housing 501(c)(3) developer active in the east side of Baltimore and elsewhere, including serving as counsel to the Board and providing transactional legal services
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Maryland (B.A., magna cum laude)