Joshua D. Bradley - Partner
Josh is a partner in the firm’s Litigation department and does most, but not all, of his work in the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights department. His typical clients include banks, finance companies, private equity groups, commercial landlords, debt investors, private lenders, bankruptcy trustees, and all other manner of secured and unsecured creditors. Josh represents his clients in connection with negotiating and acquiring (or selling) debt, loan workouts, bankruptcies, foreclosures, judgment executions, commercial collection matters, and related litigation. In the same vein, Josh can handle the “front end” of lending transactions as well, and is adept at drafting all manner of financial agreements. In addition to the foregoing, Josh has his hand in a variety of other matters, from drafting by-laws for a condominium association to taking an easement dispute to the Court of Special Appeals to recovering a jury award on a wage dispute. In his limited spare time, Josh enjoys spending time with his family, crushing games on his X-box Series x and PS5, reading, collecting comic books and roleplaying games, chasing big gains in the gym, and being teased mercilessly for all of the foregoing.
Prior to joining the firm, Josh was an associate at Shapiro Sher Guinot & Sandler where he represented debtors, creditors, and trustees in bankruptcy matters involving complex bankruptcy litigation, commercial reorganizations, and creditors’ rights. Additionally, Josh has a background in commercial litigation as well as corporate matters including securities litigation and multi-million dollar transactional work.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Josh had a wide range of experience both on, and off, the beaten path. From being the cellar man of a busy London pub in charge of the maturation of ales to a post and beam carpenter for historic homes to a computer technician at the Bienecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library of Yale University, Josh has seen and done much. As a result, he brings a broad focus to his practice, implementing his experience “outside of the box” to craft creative legal solutions to his client's problems.
- Represents numerous Institutional Lenders, Private Lenders, and Debt Investors in connection with creditors' rights issues including bankruptcy and state court litigation, including the restructuring of indebtedness along with litigation aimed to reduce, and potentially satisfy, outstanding indebtedness in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Foreclosure and forced sales of commercial properties of all sorts throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia leading to millions of dollars in recoveries.
- Defenses of motions to vacate in personam judgments in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia based upon, among other things, allegations of improper defaults, unenforceable loan document provisions, and violations of federal and state statutes.
- Objections to Plan confirmations in Chapter 11 Matters on behalf of secured and unsecured creditors as well as the drafting and confirmation of a Chapter 11 creditor-proposed plan of reorganization in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland.
- Executions upon all manner of personal property including, without limited to, seizing of millions of dollars in garnished bank accounts and the forced sale of inventory and equipment.
- Prosecution of motions for relief from the automatic stay, objections to the use of cash collateral, and other related contested matters in Federal Bankruptcy Courts in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
- Represents numerous Institutional Lenders, Private Lenders, and Debt Investors in connection with the negotiations and extension of credit facilities including, without limitation, acquisition loans, construction loans, mezzanine loans, and bridge loans and the ancillary agreements relating to same.
- Drafting and negotiation of all types of loan documents memorializing and/or modifying commercial credit facilities in amounts ranging from $250,000.00 through tens of millions of dollars.
- Provides consultation and strategic services to companies of all sizes with respect to decisions relating to solvency, bankruptcy, “bet the company” litigation, collection of debts, and general financial decisions.
- Representation of various commercial landlords in connection with Chapter 11 Bankruptcies and negotiations relating to restructured leases assumed by reorganized debtors.
- Reviews and investigations regarding the potential for, and likelihood of success of, bankruptcy and related insolvency proceedings.
- Representation of parties acquiring title to real, personal, and intellectual property through purchases of distressed assets in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represents private litigants in state and federal court litigation including, without limitation, claims relating to unpaid wages, inequitable personal injury settlement agreements, and land disputes.
- Successful prosecution of plaintiff’s case to jury award on wage claim for securities trader in Baltimore County Circuit Court.
- Successful defense of multi-million-dollar breach of contract dispute relating to personal injury claim in Baltimore City Circuit Court.
- Represents Debt Investors in connection with the acquisition of loans from Institutional Lenders and Private Lenders.
- Drafting and negotiation of various Note Purchase Agreements relating in the acquisition of millions of dollars in debt instruments.
- Brooklyn School of Law, J.D. (2003)
- University of Massachusetts, B.A. (1997)
- New York
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia