John A. Carpenter, Jr - Partner
John A. Carpenter, Jr. (Johnny) is a partner whose practice focuses on commercial real estate and finance transactions. Prior to joining the firm, Johnny was an associate and senior counsel at the Washington DC office of Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP and Locke Lord, LLP, separately.
Johnny represents lenders in all facets of commercial financing, including asset based lending secured by receivables and inventory, and commercial real estate loans, including acquisition, construction, interim and conduit financing, loan assumptions and distressed asset workouts involving loan modification and restructure transactions. Johnny has particular experience representing institutional lenders in their capacities as lender and as agent for a lending syndicate, in loan facilities secured by hotel, multifamily, retail and office properties. Johnny also has experience representing senior leaders in facilities which include a CPACE component as part of the borrower's equity contribution.
Some of Johnny’s representative transactions and experience include:
- Representation of a national institutional lender in multi-million-dollar construction and mini-perm and refinance loans secured by retail and entertainment centers in Kansas City, Missouri, Arlington, Texas, St. Louis, Missouri and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Representation of senior lender in loan transactions secured by nationally franchised hotel properties involving CPACE financing as part of the capital stack.
- Representation of the construction lender of a golfing and entertainment center located in downtown Baltimore.
- Representation of buying and selling lenders in loan sales and assignments.
- Representation of small business owners with respect to general corporate and real estate needs, including corporate governance, leasing and financing matters.
- Prior to attending law school, Johnny served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. Johnny is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and the District of Columbia Bar Association.
- University of Baltimore, School of Law (JD, 2004)
- University of Maryland, University College (BA, 1999)
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (BA, 1995)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court of Maryland