Jennifer R. Busse - Partner
Jenn Busse is an experienced real estate attorney with a focus on land use, development and zoning law. She represents a diverse range of clients, including property owners, developers, businesses, utilities, nonprofits, schools, religious organizations, continuing care facilities, and other institutional users throughout the Baltimore Metropolitan area.
Jenn works with clients through each phase of the development process, from initial planning to building permit issuance, and regularly represents clients at community input meetings and development hearings. She represents clients in all types of zoning matters, including comprehensive zoning map cycles. Jenn also has experience managing Planned Unit Development ("PUD") projects and provides guidance on and implementation of county master plans, adequate public facilities ordinances, and water and sewerage plans.
In addition to her land use, development, and zoning work, Jenn has experience in other areas of real estate law, including drafting and negotiating contracts, leases, easements, declarations and restrictive covenants, and analyzing title.
Jenn also assists clients through the process of obtaining and transferring liquor licenses, including the contract of sale, application process, and related public hearings. In addition, Jenn has experience in green building and sustainability, having obtained LEED Professional accreditation.
With her extensive experience in real estate, land use, development and zoning law, Jenn Busse is a skilled and knowledgeable attorney who is dedicated to serving her clients' needs.
LAND USE, DEVELOPMENT AND ZONING
- Assisting clients through all phases of the development process throughout the Baltimore Metropolitan area
- Representing clients in all types of zoning matters, including comprehensive zoning map cycles
- Management of Planned Unit Development ("PUD") projects
- Guidance on and implementation of County master plans, adequate public facilities ordinances, and water and sewerage plans
- Management of issues surrounding historic properties, preservation, and conservation easements
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONAL ISSUES
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, leases and easements
- Review and analysis of title documents
- Drafting and negotiating Declarations and Restrictive Covenants
GREEN BUILDING & SUSTAINABILITY
- LEED Accredited Professional
LIQUOR LICENSING & REGULATION
- Assist clients through the process of obtaining and transferring liquor licenses, including the contract of sale, application process and related public hearings
CONTINUING CARE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES, LONG TERM CARE, ASSISTED LIVING
- Providing advice and guidance to continuing care facilities, including obtaining zoning and development approvals for expansions of existing facilities
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Randolph Macon College (B.A., 1993)