- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland
- Board of Directors – American Bankruptcy Institute Mid-Atlantic Conference (2013-2015)
- Bankruptcy Bar Association Rules Committee (2013-2014)
- Best Lawyers in America (2011-2017) - Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Maryland Super Lawyers (2014-2017) - Creditor Debtor Rights
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated - AV® Preeminent™
- ALM Washington D.C. & Baltimore's Top Rated Lawyers (2012 - Bankruptcy)
Louis J. Ebert - Partner
Louis J. Ebert is co-chair of the Creditors’ Rights Department of Rosenberg Martin Greenberg with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Wilmington, Delaware. Lou has represented secured creditors, including some of the largest banks and other commercial lenders in the country, in bankruptcy, commercial litigation, foreclosure and workout matters for more than 30 years. In bankruptcy cases, he regularly represents lenders in cash collateral proceedings, relief from the automatic stay proceedings, discharge litigation, 363 sales and confirmation of reorganization plan issues. He has represented financial services institutions in bankruptcy cases in Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Illinois, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Lou also regularly represents lenders in commercial loan restructures, commercial litigation, foreclosure proceedings and secured creditor sales. He has represented financial services institutions in a substantial number of lender liability and fraudulent conveyance actions. In one of these cases, which he successfully argued on appeal before the Supreme Court of Virginia, his efforts resulted in the establishment of very favorable foreclosure law to lenders in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In a successful appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, he helped to establish very favorable law for debt collectors governed by the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act. Lou has lectured and given numerous seminars on bankruptcy, workouts, consumer laws and related issues for various organizations including MICPEL and the National Business Institute. He is also a member of the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland, Inc.
Lou graduated magna cum laude and received his B.A. from the State University of New York at Buffalo and received his J.D. from George Washington University National Law Center, Order of the Coif, in 1976. He is admitted to practice in the state and bankruptcy courts in Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia and Delaware. From 2011 through 2017, he was selected as one of The Best Lawyers in America in the bankruptcy field in the State of Maryland. Currently, he is serving on the Advisory Board of the 8th Annual Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Workshop.
- George Washington University National Law Center, J.D. (magna cum laude)(Order of the Coif)(1976)
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A. (1973)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit