John A. Carpenter, Jr - Counsel
John A. Carpenter, Jr. (Johnny) is senior counsel to the firm, whose practice focuses on commercial real estate and finance transactions. Prior to joining the firm, Johnny was an associate and senior counsel at the Washington DC office of Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP and Locke Lord, LLP, separately.
Some of Johnny’s representative transactions and experience include:
- Representation of national and state-chartered banks in loan facilities, including originations, restructuring and workouts, secured by commercial and residential real estate as well as operating assets, including the representation of a national institutional lender in a $47.5 Million refinance loan secured by a retail and entertainment complex in Kansas City, Missouri;
- Representation of regional developers in all aspects of acquisition development, construction and financing; and
- Representation of small business owners with respect to general corporate and real estate needs, including corporate governance, leasing and financing matters.
Prior to attending law school, Johnny served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. Johnny is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and the District of Columbia Bar Association.
- University of Baltimore, School of Law (JD, 2004)
- University of Maryland, University College (BA, 1999)
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (BA, 1995)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court of Maryland