- University of Maryland School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Maryland State Bar Association, Litigation Section, Co-Chair of Appellate Practice Committee (2003-2016)
- Maryland Bar Foundation Fellow
- Serjeants Inn
- The Daily Record's Leadership in Law Award Top Winner (2014)
- Professional Legal Excellence Award, Maryland Bar Foundation
- Best Lawyers In America - Lawyer of the Year: Appellate Practice (2014) - Appellate Law
- Best Lawyers In America (2009-2017) - Appellate Law
- Maryland Super Lawyers (2007-2017) - Appellate Litigation; Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland (2015)
- Benchmark: America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys (2008-2016)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated - AV® Preeminent™
- ALM Washington D.C. & Baltimore's Top Rated Lawyers (2012 - 2014)
- LARW III Faculty of the Year Award, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Maryland Law Review, Assistant Editor
- Maryland Impact, The Maryland Litigator, MSBA Litigation Section, June 2015
- A Rules proposal, a marriage proposal and legal gamesmanship
- Tar Pits, Gold Mines, and the Expert Certificate Requirement (This article originally appeared in the September/October 2014 edition of the Maryland Bar Journal and is republished by permission of the Maryland State Bar Association)
- iPhones and oral argument
- Bad dog!
- Staying on track
- A little less anarchy, please
- When Discretionary Agency Action is Not So Discretionary: Office of the Public Defender v. State
- A dog's best friend
- To report or not to report?
- The Judge-In-Law
- Preservation and related appellate pratfalls
- Phoenix, ashes, and one seemingly dead appeal
- Passion play
- Judges, Vampires and Immortality
- Law students say the darndest things
- Maryland lawyers shouldn't bite or reply late
- Justice gone wild
- A new standard
- You could've done better
Andrew H. Baida - Partner
Andrew Baida is experienced in all aspects of civil litigation, with an emphasis on appellate litigation involving commercial, administrative, and criminal law, medical malpractice, and state and local government matters. He has handled a broad range of cases that have resulted in more than 180 appellate opinions, and served as counsel of record for the State of Maryland in an original action filed in the United States Supreme Court challenging Maryland’s right to regulate the Potomac River. Prior to joining the firm, Andy held the position of Solicitor General in the Maryland Attorney General’s office.
Andy is the author of “The Art of Appellate Advocacy,” a column that has appeared in The Daily Record and other newspapers owned by the Dolan Media Company. Click here to read some of his articles. He has lectured and published articles on constitutional law, civil rights issues, and effective brief-writing, and has taught appellate advocacy as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Maryland and University of Baltimore law schools.
Andy has also received several U.S. Supreme Court Best Brief Awards from, and served as a Supreme Court Fellow with, the National Association of Attorneys General.
Andy has been recognized since 2009 by Best Lawyers in America as one of Maryland's top appellate lawyers and was named the 2014 Baltimore Appellate Practice Lawyer of the Year. He also has been listed in every edition of Baltimore Magazine's Maryland Super Lawyers under appellate litigation and Benchmark: America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys. Click through to read about Andy's recent cases or a complete list of Andy's cases.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D. (with honors) (1983)
- University of Maryland, B.A. (1980)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court